Saturday, January 21, 2012
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
In many ways, sartorially, we currently live in a barren, shameless era.
- Ugliness is status quo, and gaudiness embraced.
- So many incredibly expensive items are sold that have been incredibly cheaply made.
- Short term thinking prevails, from customers wanting instant status to vendors wanting crazily high profit margins.
- The people who should be leading us - publications, celebrities, many of the most well off, and grown-ups in general - aren't.
- To those who do care, vendors actively mislead us about pedigrees of products. Branding is not just tangential to reality, but often at odds with it.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
It has been very cold here of late so indoor activities, especially those that take place around a stove, have held a somewhat greater appeal. These candles are incredibly easy and fast to make, sheets of pure honeycomb beeswax.
Measure and cut the wick, line it up on the edge...
...and start to tightly wrap.
The process is quick and relatively idiot-proof.
Hold the finished product over the heat once again, enough to soften and seal the edge.
at 1:02 PM